Character Art

GengaJupite
Administrator
This post was updated on .
We don't have any artists at the time I'm posting this, but by the time we get some, you should have seen the sketches of how we're picturing the characters to look. Four of the five main girls also change drastically after the meteor shower, losing any animalistic qualities and becoming regular humans. Syrene probably won't need a new character sprite since you won't really see much of her legs, but she'll have to wear normal clothes from then on.

Expressions

In terms of expressions we're going to need these ones on the main characters for sure:
Neutral (will be different depending on which character it is)
Happy
Laughing
Upset
Angry
Surprised

For these next ones, I'm not sure if every main will need them, but there's a chance they will:
Embarrassed
Confused
Sad Crying
Happy Crying
Enthusiastic

I'm not sure how hard it is to do, but embarrassed and the crying ones might be achievable with a blushing and tear effect that can just be applied to one of the other expressions.

And then these ones are probably more character-specific:
Dazed/Sleepy
Sick
Mischievous

As of right now, poses will be left up to the artist's discretion unless any of the writers feels strongly about something they want. From my point of view, I would rather see how you interpret the characters' personalities through their poses and expressions before we collectively decide if that's the look we're going for.

Clothing types

School Uniform: Main girls, Leo, Yuuji, Ami
Casual Clothes: Main girls, Leo, Yuuji, Ami, Mr. U, Carina*
Gym Clothes: Main girls(?), Leo, Yuuji, Ami
Work Clothes: Mr. U, Parents
Field Study Clothes: Shida
Middle School Uniform: Carina*

*Carina may only need one of these

If you go over to the characters thread, there's more description about what each character should look and act like.

Re: Character Art

minutekiwi
Hi guys! I'm trying to get some nice concepts down for the characters, so I'll be posting quick drawings here after getting some feedback. Let me know if I should change anything!

For starters, here's Syrene!

Link to full ver

Re: Character Art

minutekiwi
A couple more!

Rena

Ashe

Full images here

Re: Character Art

GengaJupite
Administrator
They all look great so far! I'm curious to see what Rena's hair would look like if it were more orangey than red, mostly for comparison's sake.

Ashe's skin could use some complexion. She should be fairly pale, but right now she looks too much like a ghost or apparition, which makes sense since she's technically the soul of the tree, but the whiteness is a bit much. Other than that, though, her design is really nice.

The others don't tend to post on here super often (mostly because there's no reason for them to just yet), so you'll probably get some more opinions at the writer meetings and whenever we can get the artist meetings set up.